8.15.2008

A quirky, fresh eye

....or so says Joyce Tenneson. I take that as a compliment. It could be also be the photography version of "nice booties" (i.e., what you say when you need to give a compliment to a really ugly newborn) ...but I do think it's a good description of the work that I did this week. Very quirky, yet sensitive.

Regardless, I think one of the goals that I'm leaving with is to do a book project. It's one of the things that Joyce really encouraged me to develop. She sees my work as book work (and supporting gallery shows)...it may be that Joyce says that to all her students because it's what she does, but I think with my academic background, it's not out of my reach. I have some strong ideas--- one to take place in Paris and then two that are more studio projects. (I fell in love with the studio this week, even though I was only there for a day). Other goals include submitting to DC photofest and doing the portfolio review (as well as networking at some of the events), some coursework in digital/photoshop skills as well as other workshops. And of course, once I have the book shots, come back in 2009/2010 to do Joyce's book workshop.

Slideshow tonight (the workshops version of a gala) and then wish me luck on getting home tomorrow (thunderstorms may strand me in Boston....AGAIN!)!!

No comments: